Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment
Download Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment By Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons -Structural Analysis and design of process equipment written by Maan H.Jawad, Nooter Corporation St. Louis, Missouri and James R.Farr, Babcock & Wilcox Company Barberton, Ohio is printed by A [email protected] Publication, [email protected] & SONS.
The first purpose of this text is to provide structural and mechanical engineers associated with the petrochemical industry a reference book for the analysis and design of process equipment.
The second is to give graduate engineering students a concise introduction to the theory of plates and shells and its industrial applications.
The third purpose is to aid process engineers in understanding the background of some of the design equations in the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. Section VIII.
The topics presented are separated into four parts.
Part 1 is intended to familiarize the designer with some of the common “tools of the trade.”
- Chapter 1 details the history of pressure vessels and various applicable codes from around the world.
- Chapter 2 discusses design specifications furnished in purchasing process equipment as well as in various applicable codes.
- Chapter 3 establishes the strength criteria used in different codes and the theoretical background needed in developing design equations in subsequent chapters.
- Chapter 4 includes different materials of construction and toughness considerations.
Part 2 is divided into three chapters outlining the basic theory of plates and shells.
- Chapter 5 develops the membrane and bending theories of cylindrical shells.
- Chapter 6 discusses various approximate theories for analyzing heads and transition sections,
- Chapter 7 derives the equations for circular and rectangular plates subjected to various loading and support conditions.
- These three chapters form the basis from which most of the design equations are derived in the other chapters.
Part 3, which consists of five chapters, details the design and analysis of components.
- Chapters 8 and 9 derive the design equations established by the ASME Code, VI [-l and -2, for cylindrical shells as well as heads and transition sections.
- Chapter 10 discusses gaskets, bolts, and flange design.
- Chapter 11 presents openings and their reinforcement;
- Chapter 12 develops design equations tor support systems.
Part 4 outlines the design and analysis of some specialized process equipment.
- Chapter 13 describes the design of flat bottom tanks;
- Chapter 14 derives the cquations for analyzing hest transfer equipment.
- Chapter 15 describes the theory of thick cylindrical shells in high-pressure applications.
- Chapter 16 discusses the stress analysis of tall vessels.
- Chapter 17 outlines the procedure of the ASME Code, VI[-l, for designing rectangular pressure vessels.
To simplify the use of this book as a reference, each chapter is written so that it stands on its own as much as possible.
Thus, each chapter with design or other mathematical equations is written using terminology frequently used in industry for that particular type of equipment or component discussed in the pertinent chapter. Accordingly, a summary of nomenclature appears at the end of most of the chapters in which mathematical expressions are given. In using this book as a textbook for plates and shells, Chapters 3, 5, 6 and 7 form the basis for establishing the basic theory. Instructors can select other chapters to supplement the theory according to the background and needs of the graduate engineer.
“Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment By Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons – PDF Free Download”
|Title Of The Book||Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment|
|Author’s Name||Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons|
|Publishers||Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons|
|File Size||– MB|
Table Of Content:
- History and Organization of Codes
- Selection of Vessel, Specifications Reports, and Allowable Stresses
- Strength Theories, Design criteria and Design Equations
- Materials of Construction
- Stress in Cylindrical Shells
- Analysis of Formed Heads and Transition Sections
- Stress in Flat Plates
- Design of Cylindrical Shells
- Design of Formed Heads and Transition Sections
- Blind Flanges, Cover Plates, and Flanges
- Openings, Nozzles, and External Loadings
- Vessel Supports
- Flat Bottom Tanks
- Heat Transfer Equipment
- Vessels for High Pressure
- Toll Vessels
- Vessels of Non-circular Cross Section
“Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment By Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons PDF File”
“Free Download Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment By Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons PDF”
“How to Download PDF of Structural Analysis and Design of Process Equipment By Maan H. Jawad and James R. Farr – JW and Sons Free?”