Quantitative Aptitude Ability Test 1
1. What is the percentage change in the volume of a cylinder if its height increases by 20% and radius remains the same?
(A) No change
(B) 10% increase
(C) 20% decrease
(D) 20% increase
2. 30% of a number when subtracted from twice the number equals to 33 less than five times the same number. What is the number?
(A) 15 (B) 10
(C) 20 (D) 5
3. In the second and the third match of a series Dravid’s score increases by 10% and 217/33% respectively over the previous match. By what percentage did his score increase in the third match as compared to the first match?
(A) 331/3% (B) 317/33%
(C) 3515/33% (D) 379/33%
4. Two tests are given with maximum marks of 300 and 200 respectively. A student scores an overall percentage of 60%. If he has scored 40% in the second test, then how many marks did he score in the first test?
(A) 200 (B) 180
(C) 220 (D) 240
5. If a kerosene dealer sells kerosene at `8 per litre, he loses `400, but if he sells at `10 per litre he makes a profit of `400. Then, how many litres of kerosene did the dealer sell?
(A) 250 (B) 200
(C) 350 (D) 400
6. By selling 50 metres of cloth, a merchant gains the cost of 10 metres. Find the gain percentage.
(A) 25% (B) 331/3%
(C) 20% (D) 30%
7. By selling 60 metres of cloth, a merchant gains the selling price of 10 metres. The gain percentage is
(A) 25% (B) 20%
(C) 15% (D) 162/3%
8. If 3/5th of B’s income is 25% less than A’s income, then what percentage of B’s income is A’s income?
(A) 60% (B) 80%
(C) 120% (D) 125%
9. If a dealer gets a commission of 10% on the list price from the company, then the profit made by the company is 50% of its manufacturing cost. If the dealer’s commission is increased to 25%, then what will be the profit percentage on the cost of manufacturing for the company?
(A) 10% (B) 25%
(C) 30% (D) 20%
10. Chetan started a cable TV service with an investment of 2,00,000. After a few months David joined him with an investment of 1,50,000. If at the end of the year David’s share was 3,00,000 out of a total profit of 7,80,000 after how many months did David join Chetan?
(A) 2 (B) 4
(C) 8 (D) 10