Top Most Network Theorems – Electrical Engineering Multiple choice Questions and Answers
Latest Network Theorems Questions and Answers List
1. Kirchhoff s current law states that
(a) net current flow at the junction is positive
(b) Hebraic sum of the currents meeting at the junction is zero
(c) no current can leave the junction without some current entering it.
(d) total sum of currents meeting at the junction is zero
2. According to Kirchhoffs voltage law, the algebraic sum of all IR drops and e.m.fs. in any closed loop of a network is always
(c) determined by battery e.m.fs.
3. Kirchhoffs current law is applicable to only
(a) junction in a network
(b) closed loops in a network
(c) electric circuits
(d) electronic circuits
4. Kirchhoffs voltage law is related to
(a) junction currents
(b) battery e.m.fs.
(c) IR drops
(d) both (b) and (c)
(e) none of the above
5. Superposition theorem can be applied only to circuits having
(a) resistive elements
(b) passive elements
(c) non-linear elements
(d) linear bilateral elements
6. The concept on which Superposition theorem is based is
7. Thevenin resistance Rth is found
(a) by removing voltage sources along with their internal resistances
(6) by short-circuiting the given two terminals
(c) between any two ‘open’ terminals
(d) between same open terminals as for Etk
8. An ideal voltage source should have
(a) large value of e.m.f.
(b) small value of e.m.f.
(c) zero source resistance
(d) infinite source resistance
9. For a voltage source
(a) terminal voltage is always lower than source e.m.f.
(b) terminal voltage cannot be higher than source e.m.f.
(c) the source e.m.f. and terminal voltage are equal
10. To determine the polarity of the voltage drop across a resistor, it is necessary to know
(a) value of current through the resistor
(b) direction of current through the resistor
(c) value of resistor
(d) e.m.fs. in the circuit