Definition of Pronoun:
“Pronoun means for – a noun.” – Wren & Martin
“A pronoun is a word used instead of a noun-equivalent.” – Nesfield
A pronoun is a simpler common name for a noun.
Example of Pronoun as a Part of Speech:
- She loved her children.
- But she could not love her husband.
- People of the city were afraid of her.
- They prayed for the well-being of their king.
- But they did not do the same for their queen.
- She walked to the store.
- He didn’t like the taste of the food.
- They were late for the meeting.
- I love reading books in my free time.
- You should listen to your parents.
- We went on a trip last weekend.
- Us kids played in the park.
- The cat chased its tail.
- It was a beautiful day.
- He gave her a bouquet of flowers.
- They had a great time at the party.
- Me and my friends went to the movies.
- You all should work hard in school.
- The teacher praised him for his hard work.
- My parents told me I could choose what to do next.
- The queen was not loved and she knew it.
- It did not hurt her a lot.
- He made him the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms.
- People loved him so much.
- He also loved them and cared about them.
- It made him very popular.
- They got their meals. What about ours?
- Can I borrow your pen? I lost mine.
- Why are you using my phone? Where is yours?
- I don’t need your help where I can do it myself.
- I cut myself when I was shaving.
- She blames herself for that incident.
- Don’t hurt yourself by playing carelessly.