Definition of Present Continuous Tense:
Present Continuous Tense narrates an action which is being continued or going to be continued in the near future. It uses am/is/are and “ing” is added with the verb.
Examples of Present Continuous Tense:
- I am writing articles on different topics.
- He is reading various kinds of books.
- They are playing football now.
- She is drinking coffee.
- He is going to the library.
- We are coming for shopping in this market.
- We are watching a movie in this Cineplex.
- You are shopping in that market.
- I am singing different kinds of songs, especially modern.
- I am listening to melodious songs.
- He is traveling around the world.
- They are playing cricket in that field.
- The poet is writing romantic poems.
- The lyricist is writing realistic songs.
- Are you listening to realistic songs?
- I am not quarreling with you.
- Are you coming to our home?
- I am helping him to do the task.
- My mom is cooking beef with cabbage.
- Are you watching cricket on television?