Definition of Exclamatory Sentence:
The sentence which expresses a sudden and intense excitement, disgust, admiration, shock, or sorrow, etc. is called an exclamatory sentence. This kind of sentence must have a note of exclamation (!) at the end or in the middle of the sentence.
Example of Exclamatory Sentence:
- Hey! Don’t touch my phone.
- Alas! I could not be at her funeral.
- Hush! Your father is sleeping.
- What a boring day!
- How disgusting it becomes when he opens his mouth!
- What a nice car you have!
- What a plunge!
- How gorgeous the dress is!
- Hurrah! We are going to Miami.
- How blessed I am to see such a sight!
- What beautiful country it is!
- How fluently the lady talks in French!
- What a pity! You can’t join us.
- Wow! That was an incredible performance!
- Oh no! I can’t believe we missed the deadline.
- Wow! This is the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen!
- Ugh! This food is so disgusting!
- Wow! I can’t believe I got the job!
- Oh my goodness! Did you see that car accident?
- Wow! I can’t believe I passed the exam!
- Ugh! I can’t stand the smell of this garbage.
- Oh no! I lost my phone.
- Wow! The view from the top of the mountain is breathtaking.