Definition of Common Noun:
A common noun is a name for a type of thing, person, species, or etc. which denotes a general name for something.
Example of Common Noun:
- Alex is a wonderful player.
- Sydney Sixers is the team he plays for.
- He was not born in this country.
- Sydney is the city he lives in.
- He is a man of dream.
- I want to be a writer.
- I’d like to adopt a cat.
- Would you like a cookie?
- Let’s go to the city.
- My teacher starts work before sunup.
- I think that’s a planet, not a star.
- He’s always hanging out with his girlfriend.
- There are a lot of important documents in the archives.
- He plays cricket with intensity.
- Michael Clarke is his mentor.
- He has a house across the river.
- He goes for a walk by the river every day.
- His friend accompanies him.
- They talk about movies and celebrities.
- He is a fan of Hugh Jackman and the movie Wolverine.
- He has a dog named Poppy.
- He has a house and a car also.